- Under Our Skin – Great free documentary, a real-life thriller, this shocking festival hit exposes the controversy surrounding chronic Lyme disease. Following the stories of individuals fighting for their lives, director Andy Abrahams Wilson reveals with beauty and horror a natural world out of balance and a human nature all too willing to put profits before patients.
- The long-awaited “Part 2” of Under Our Skin, Emergence, is now available.
- Lyme Disease Association: A source of excellent information on a variety of topics related to Lyme Disease.
- Lyme Disease.org maintains a blog with updates of interest
- International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society. ILADS promotes understanding of Lyme and its associated diseases and strongly supports physicians and other health care professionals dedicated to advancing the standard of care for Lyme and its associated diseases.
- Lyme Info and patient support groups:
- Spirochicks.org – This website contains a blog and lots of meaty information amassed by Alix Mayer, a health coach who has had Lyme.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Lyme Disease Association
- Get it right, treat the bite
- Tick Bite Prevention: DEET vs Permethrin?
- Tick Bite Prevention: clearing your living area:
- Lyme disease in pregnancy: case report and review of the literature
- Stony Brook
Patient’s Medication and Lab Testing Assistance
- Lyme Tap – The Lyme Test Access Program (Lyme-TAP) is a nationwide patient assistance program to provide assistance for initial Lyme-related lab tests to patients who demonstrate true financial need.
- Lyme Light – Anyone diagnosed with Lyme disease between ages of 3-25 and can demonstrate a qualified financial need.
- Make A Wish – Click on this link to go to “Make a Netwish”, a site to get monies, if you are in need.
Providing patients access to medications they need
- Bridges to Access – This is a GlaxoSmithKlein program providing low cost or no cost medications for non-medicare patients or for people who do not have prescription coverage. It is a great program for Malarone and Mepron.
- Clinic Of Angels – A non-profit organization founded in 2005 by Michael Cichon MD., an Infectious Disease physician whose purpose in starting this organization was to help chronically ill patients by providing financial resources to help in their medical care.